Grimstead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimstead

A fourm to discuss aspects of gameplay or the story of Grimstead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Filling in StoryLines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

Filling in StoryLines  Empty
PostSubject: Filling in StoryLines    Filling in StoryLines  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 am

I've been concidering slotting some new entry's into old storylines as i don't always feel i rounded everything off as well as i should have. Perhaps even adding some new storylines into the past which would perhaps explain better what was going on in peoples lives in order to have less massive break's between charecters where are causing things to seem alittle disconnected.

For example perhaps adding some "darkfire" story's to fill in the time i've neglected between Tarik taking back control of Darkfire and Luscious arriving.

Perhaps a one to better explain the relationship between Lar's and Kaitlyn before Alistair came back, or maybe one or two showing the Valdermar/Risa mechanic's or Thomas's time on the thone which although short wasn't covered in too much detail?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://grimstead.secretsstories.com
Morgaine2005

PostSubject: Re: Filling in StoryLines    Filling in StoryLines  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 am

I meant to reply to this earlier, but somehow managed to forget my password. *sigh*

I think I'd really hesitate before adding completely new storylines. I think we all want to see the story keep going forward. But some filling-in of older storylines would be fantastic. I'd especially like to see what happened with Tarik and Luscious. Last we saw of Tarik, he was a really nice guy. Then he got attacked by vamps and some strange old man said he'd like to "study" the incapacitated vampire. Ok, that's fair enough, considering said vampire was trying to kill Tarik.

Then the next thing we know, he's got Alice in the basement and is performing experiments on her. What happened in the middle?

I think some Lars/Kaitlyn ones, when they were happy, might also be good. But ... well, if I were you, I would think long and hard before doing a Valdemar/Risa one. I kind of liked the mysteriousness of Valdemar and Risa. When Risa finally exposed herself as the one pulling all the strings, it came as a bit of a surprise, in a good way. Smile

But hey, your story, you should do whatever you think will work best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Filling in StoryLines    Filling in StoryLines  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Have you found the Tarik Journal's helpful so far? I wasn't sure how to backtrack and this seemed the best way?
Back to top Go down
http://grimstead.secretsstories.com
Morgaine2005

PostSubject: Re: Filling in StoryLines    Filling in StoryLines  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Note to self: CHECK FORUM MORE OFTEN.

Now that that's said, yes, I found Tarik's journal very helpful -- it filled in a lot of the missing pieces. It was also really interesting to see his perspective on some of the other happenings of Grimstead & Darkfire, especially Marisa's death.

And it explained, also, how it was that Tarik was able to bust into Father Mathew's church and kick some priestly behind.

Of course the diary also left some unanswered questions -- like, what the hell were Lucious and Father Mathew up to? -- but I hope that future posts will explain that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filling in StoryLines    Filling in StoryLines  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filling in StoryLines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grimstead :: Grimstead (Story) :: Plots-
Jump to: