Grimstead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grimstead

A fourm to discuss aspects of gameplay or the story of Grimstead.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running Orphanages

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgaine2005

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:32 pm

I hereby christen this section! *cracks champagne on forum walls*

*champagne goes everywhere*

Embarassed I'll clean that up, I promise.

Anyway, I have a question about running orphanages. I know you've had up to six, seven infants in at a time, which naturally means that the next round you'd have six, seven toddlers in at a time (with possibly more infants on the way). So, how do you manage to play a round without losing your sanity? Wink That's all I'd like to know, thank you!

*goes to mop up the champagne*
Back to top Go down
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Hmmm who called me sane??

Tbh it's not as bad as it sounds, gotta remember although i had 7 toddlers at once at one time, i also have two dedicated sims to look after them in the orphanage workers. They didn't need work because Thomas paid for them to look after the children so thier lives pretty much revolved around taking care of them without needing to work/skill or even clean up after themselves as i hired a maid. Add in one huge room custom built for taking care and occupying the minds of 7 sim toddlers and it wasn't all that bad.

Tbh Neve Goodwill's house was worse because Father Mathew Worked so she was taking care of them herself most of the time and that house has pretty tight confineds so i didn't have much room for toy's etc and she kept getting stuck very, on a number of occassions poor Neve litterally fell asleep where she stood.
Back to top Go down
http://grimstead.secretsstories.com
avariste

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:50 am

I remember with one of my own households, having three toddlers was insane enough for me. It made me want to stop playing! I really can't imagine playing with seven toddlers (even with full time help & a maid) or what Neve (and you) had to go through.
Back to top Go down
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Neve was a nightmare, but heck i always was a gutten for punishment.
Back to top Go down
Morgaine2005

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 am

affraid How did you survive Neve's house? How are you surviving Neve's house? The six toddlers in the big house with plenty of room for everyone about stretch my playing capacity ...

So what I need, then, is to have 2 dedicated Sims who take care of the toddlers full-time. Currently, I only have one full-time childcare provider (Sister Margery -- Angelique has school and an afternoon job). I already bit the bullet and hired a maid and gardener. So I should probably grab a townie, perferably an ugly one whom I do not want to breed, and make her a nun, hmm? Wink

Thanks for the help, Leiela! And the forum redesign is looking really, really pretty! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Leiela (Admin)
Admin

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Luckily they are children now, but it's still hard there isn't much room lucky i managed to download some bunkbeds which helps Smile I certainly hoping to avoid the toddler flood in future. Tbh i do think it should be less of a problem now i have my twins hack sorted i was getting waay to many muliple births for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running Orphanages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Orphanages   Running Orphanages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running Orphanages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grimstead :: Behind Grimstead :: Game Play-
Jump to: